We’ve finished with August (I don’t know about you but August seemed rather longish this year) and we’re about to enter Labor Day weekend. Summer is officially over, even if the temperatures didn’t get the memo. We always love to see what O2O members writing about especially during significant seasons. Today we’ll share some of what they have to offer about the end of summer season.
The first hint of summer ending is always the “back-to-school” excitement. Store shelves are lined with school supplies, lunch boxes and back packs. Closets boast new clothes and shoes. Alarm clocks are set & lunches are packed. The anticipation is high for children and parents. Bloggers love to document milestones and memories. First day of school outfits and bus rides make great blog fodder!
- Melissa’s boys both started at a new school this year, it was a big change for mom and sons.
- New schools can be hard on parents, too. Especially when it involves the bus stop crowd. Mommy Niri reminds us that a simple, welcoming smile can make a big difference for children and parents.
- Jenny Grace has a Kindergartener! Where does the time go?
- Petula’s kids are all decked out in their back-to-school finest!
- Then comes the inevitable fundraising packets. Mariana has several ideas of how to support your child’s school without cramping your household budget.
- This is an especially busy time for homeschooling families. Getting curricula together for multiple grade-levels is a challenge. Jessica homeschools a Kindergartener, 2nd Grader, 4th Grader, 6th Grader & 9th Grader! That’s a lot of planning!
- Lis aka The Trucker Wife is the one headed back to school. She’s starting her final year of college! Way to go, Lis!
- There are a lot of moms heading back to college these days. Mary has a helpful checklist for College Moms!
What are you planning for Labor Day this weekend? Are you staying home or venturing out on a weekend excursion? Will you grill out on Monday or kick back with sub sandwiches? Our members always have great ideas and information for holiday planning!
- If you’re traveling this weekend, Melissa has some timely tips from family travel expert, Jeff Siegel.
- Will you be taking advantage of the many sales offered this weekend? Susie offers tips from Andrea Woroch for a holiday weekend shopping strategy!
- Hitting the grocery store today for weekend food? Check out Heather’s post for yummy Labor Day weekend recipe ideas!
- Heather wants to know who’s bringing dessert? We think Suzana should bring these mini cheesecake parfaits!
Did you write about back-to-school excitement or Labor Day plans? Link them in the comments so we can read your posts!
Happy Labor Day Weekend Everybody!