Social media consultant, mom blogger, freelance writer, brand advocate – all those terms describe Jodi Grundig and the valuable services she offers. Jodi writes about family products, living in Boston, travel, and finance. We’re happy to be able to share some of Jodi’s insights with you!
1. What do you like most about interacting with brands?
I love being able to bring my experience as a mom together with my business experience from my pre-kid life. I think that companies that work with social media moms are more likely to succeed because they can truly hit their target demographic easily.
2. What is one thing you do as a blogger than you feel contributes to the success of your blog?
I always think about my readers first, and whether something will be interesting to them. I try to focus less on compensation or what other bloggers are doing.
3. What has helped you grow the most as a blogger?
I think conferences help me figure out which other bloggers to read and watch. There are so many smart women out there, and while I try to carve my own niche it’s great to see what others are doing.
4. In what ways have social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook helped you as blogger? Have they hindered you at all?
Twitter has helped me grow my blog tremendously, by helping me interact in real time with other bloggers and with readers. I don’t think either has hindered me at all. It’s a bit more work to incorporate twitter into a social media strategy, but it’s so worth it.
5. Who are the mentors in your life? And who has been a key guide for you as you’ve built your business?
I love to watch other moms who have build their blog into a business – like Audrey McClelland, Jennifer James, Christine Koh, and Kim Moldovsky. I learn a lot just from watching how they’ve grown their online presence.
6. As a mom and a businesswoman, we know you are hardworking and loving it. When you do get a chance to pamper yourself, what do you do first?
In the short term, I take a luxurious bath. For a longer-term getaway, I like to go on girls’ weekends to Walt Disney World with my moms panelist friends.